Shoyu Chicken is a popular Hawaiian dish. It is often served with rice. The word "shoyu" is Japanese for soy sauce. Let the chicken soak in the marinade for at least an hour, the longer the better.
- 4 packets Fresh Chicken Thighs (500g)
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 4 gloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pc Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Grated Ginger Root
- 1 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dried Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and paprika in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken thighs, and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken thighs on the preheated grill until cooked through, about 15 minutes per side.
Credit to allrecipes.com