- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/4 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 rolls Martin's Famous Potato Rolls, split
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg, minced onion, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 2-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350°F oven 25 to 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion strips and bell pepper; cook and stir 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spaghetti sauce, basil and meatballs; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve in rolls; sprinkle with cheese.
Credit to BeefItsWhatForDinner.com