- 4 beef Chuck Tender Steaks, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed, drained.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; brown evenly. Pour off drippings. Add onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Remove steaks; keep warm.
- Stir beans into cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in spinach; remove from heat. Let stand 1 minute. Serve steaks with bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Credit to BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com