Stay in and bring the steakhouse to you. It's easier than you think to make a juicy, perfectly-seared T-bone at home. A hot pan and a few ingredients are all you need for this impressive dinner.
- 1kg T-bone steak (about 1-inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon coarse salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. A half-hour before cooking, remove steak from refrigerator.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to hot skillet and when it begins to smoke add steak.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook steak until browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the steak registers 120 degrees F for medium-rare, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Credit to foodnetwork.com